Sunday, March 23, 2014
St.Patrick's Day Cake Pop
- 1 box of Betty Crocker french vanilla cake mix (432g)
- Betty Crocker chocolate frosting (450g)
- Wilton dark green candy melts (340g) - from Michaels
- Wilton shamrock mix sprinkles (70g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
Equipment and other ingredients:
- Cake pop sticks (50 sticks) - I got mine from Target
- 9" round baking pan
- Ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to measure out cake pop sizes
1. Bake the cake as per the instruction in the cake mix.
2. After cake has cooled down, break the cake into crumbles.
3. Mix in some frosting to the crumbles (I used half the can but found it to be too sweet).
4. Shape resulting mixture into cake balls.
5. Melt candy melts in the microwave.
6. Dip the cake pop sticks in the melt, then into the cake balls.
7. Dip the whole cake pop in the melt.
8. Add sprinkles.